Partner Visa (Onshore/Offshore)

PFEC Global tries to ensure a profoundly seamless experience and favourable outcome when it comes to providing services of a partner visa migration agent in Australia.

Migrating to an unfamiliar foreign land can be overwhelming as you navigate the intricacies of the culture, especially when you have to leave your spouse or partner behind in your home country. Rest assured, this does not have to be the scenario entirely, particularly when you can be guided by the certified partner visa agents in Australia, PFEC Global. Our highly competent and experienced partner visa migration agents in Melbourne, Sydney, and other prominent Australian cities can address your concerns and provide phenomenal solutions throughout your migration journey.

The Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) grants permission to migrate to Australia with a partner whom you have married or lived with for a duration of 365 days. However, the application of such a document applies if you reside in a country apart from Australia but have a partner who is an Australian CItizen, PR holder, or eligible New Zealand citizen. Our agents ensure transparency throughout the visa processing process, ensuring that all paperwork is properly assembled in accordance with adept guidance.

Onshore vs Offshore Partner Visa Applications

Among the many visa types to choose from in order to migrate to Australia for work or academic purposes, the partner visa application is perhaps the most challenging to grasp since it is sub-categorized into onshore and offshore visas. Thus, an explanation of the categories has been adapted to ensure you are cognizant of them.

  1. An Offshore Visa is used when a person intends to apply for a partner visa while residing outside of Australia. Furthermore, applications for Provisional Partner and Permanent Partner visas are accepted from outside of Australia.
  2. However, if you live within the country's border and apply for a visa, this is referred to as an Onshore Visa. Thus, Temporary Partner and Permanent Partner visas are available for applications made within Australia.

The Two-Stage Application Process:

  1. You will be required to apply for both a temporary and permanent partner visa from the start, with a one-time application fee. If you qualify and are granted a temporary visa, you are considered eligible in Australia while you apply for your specific permanent visa.
  2. After two years of being in the nation on a temporary visa, your permanent partner visa will be processed. Additional documents will be obligated at this point to progress your visa forward.

Eligibility Requirement

To apply for the Partner Visa in Australia, the following basic rules and requirements must be met:

  1. According to Australian Migration Law, your marriage must be valid. While applying for the Partner Visa, you must show documents and a certificate proving the legitimacy of your marriage.
  2. De facto applicants must show proof of being together for a minimum of one year, and if it meets the requirements of Australian State Law, you will be eligible to apply for the visa.
  3. An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen must sponsor you.
  4. To be eligible for a Partner Visa, both applicant and sponsor must meet certain character requirements.
  5. The sponsorship must last at least two years and no less than that.

Your path to reaching your educational goals gets more accessible with the right scholarship.

PFEC Global is proud to dedicatedly work for international students in Australia. Therefore, enlightening them with a multitude of scholarship options provided by the universities as per their academic background. Ensuring to guide them to achieve their dreams with ease.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are my options and possibilities for submitting an Australian PR application?

There are various visa types available for immigrants to Australia, each with specific requirements. The majority of foreign students intend to apply for visas Subclass 189 or Subclass 190. However, Subclass 491 has recently been introduced by the Australian government, and it may also result in permanent residency. The requirements for each of these subclasses vary, as do the points needed to be eligible for them.

If I don’t have enough points to submit an application for a PR. What are my options?

There is no definite response to the question of "How many points do I need for PR?" Australian immigration policies are very dynamic, and situations change frequently. However, you can visit the Department of Home Affairs website, where they regularly update the invitation points following their invitation rounds, to see the most recent invitation marks.

Does applying for a new course and student visa when I know my TR (Temporary Resident) is about to expire present any risks?

In addition to other pertaining requirements, all Australian student visa applicants must satisfy the Genuine Temporary Entrant Criteria in order to be approved. For this very reason, switching from a subclass 485 visa to a student visa can be challenging. You could try to reduce the risk by including a GTE statement with your student visa application, which must explain why you chose the specific study program you did in light of your prior experiences, future career goals and endeavours.

Got a question?

If you have any queries, please drop us a message by filling out the form. We will connect you with an advisor as soon as possible!