Temporary Graduate Visa

Take a leap of opportunity to enhance your skill sets and acquire local experience by applying for Temporary Graduate Visa in Australia.

By extending your stay in Australia immediately after graduating from an Australian institution, the Temporary Graduate Visa, often known as the 485 Visa allows you to take advantage of further opportunities that may come your way. This will also permit you to do your job on a full-time basis without any legal limitations. Additionally, a Temporary Graduate Visa in Australia enables overseas students to complete their Professional Year (PY) in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, any other Australian city where they reside.

Let's consider a few benefits of fresh graduates obtaining a Temporary Graduate Visa:

  1. Temporarily reside, work, and study in Australia.
  2. Duration of stay 18 months to 5 years.
  3. Apply for family members.
  4. No travel limitations.

Graduate Work Stream vs Post-Study Work Stream Visas

Here is a breakdown of the two streams that make up a Temporary Graduate Visa:

  1. You can apply for a Graduate Work Stream Visa after earning your degree from an Australian institution, which would allow you to stay there for additional 18 months.
  2. Graduates of higher education programs from Australian universities are eligible for Post-Study Work Stream Visas if they choose to remain and work in Australia for more than 18 months. Mainly, depending on your qualification, you are often permitted to stay for up to 2 to 4 years.

Eligibility Requirement

The conditions that must be met in order to submit a successful Temporary Graduate Visa are as follows:

  1. Age limit of 50 or less
  2. Possess a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course.
  3. Nominate only one visa stream; switching visa streams after submitting an application is not possible.
  4. Make certain to include supporting documentation.

Your path to reaching your educational goals gets more accessible with the right scholarship.

PFEC Global is proud to dedicatedly work for international students in Australia. Therefore, enlightening them with a multitude of scholarship options provided by the universities as per their academic background. Ensuring to guide them to achieve their dreams with ease.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are my options and possibilities for submitting an Australian PR application?

There are various visa types available for immigrants to Australia, each with specific requirements. The majority of foreign students intend to apply for visas Subclass 189 or Subclass 190. However, Subclass 491 has recently been introduced by the Australian government, and it may also result in permanent residency. The requirements for each of these subclasses vary, as do the points needed to be eligible for them.

If I don’t have enough points to submit an application for a PR. What are my options?

There is no definite response to the question of "How many points do I need for PR?" Australian immigration policies are very dynamic, and situations change frequently. However, you can visit the Department of Home Affairs website, where they regularly update the invitation points following their invitation rounds, to see the most recent invitation marks.

Does applying for a new course and student visa when I know my TR (Temporary Resident) is about to expire present any risks?

In addition to other pertaining requirements, all Australian student visa applicants must satisfy the Genuine Temporary Entrant Criteria in order to be approved. For this very reason, switching from a subclass 485 visa to a student visa can be challenging. You could try to reduce the risk by including a GTE statement with your student visa application, which must explain why you chose the specific study program you did in light of your prior experiences, future career goals and endeavours.

Got a question?

If you have any queries, please drop us a message by filling out the form. We will connect you with an advisor as soon as possible!