Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)

The visa entitles you to experience a greater sense of limitless possibilities and an unparalleled working life in Australia.

The Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) in Australia, is a type of visa intended to entice individuals with exceptional expertise. The expertise can contribute to the broader needs of Australian society, both economically and socially. Thus, it invites you to live, work, and study permanently anywhere in Australia if you satisfy the criteria.

Applicants for the Subclass 189 visa in Australia or 491 visas must score at least 65 points on the point evaluation. Hence, you will have to provide an expression of interest (EOI) and receive an invitation from SkillSelect to apply for the visa. Consequently, after receiving an invitation to apply for this visa, you will be given 60 days to submit your application.

Let's observe a few advantages the applicant will get:

  1. Living and working permanently in Australia
  2. Utilise the Medicare health care program
  3. Apply for citizenship
  4. Sponsor family members and relatives

The essential procedures to apply are as follows:

  1. Take a skills assessment and acquire a passing grade as required, to qualify for the Subclass 189 visa.
  2. Expression of Interest (EOI) is essential and should be submitted through SkillSelect. Therefore, your background, abilities, and relevant job experience will be the subject of several questions from the SkillSelect program. Besides, your EOI will be reviewed by Australian authorities and businesses that are looking to recruit someone with your skill set.
  3. Getting a sponsor is essential, whether it is an employer, a relative, or someone the state or territory government has nominated. Your invitation for a visa will be ensured by finding a qualified sponsor.

Eligibility Requirement

The conditions that must be met in order to submit a successful visa application are as follows:

  1. Applicants must be under 50 years of age.
  2. Basic English skills.
  3. Meet the health and character requirements.
  4. Strictly avoid having outstanding debts to the Australian government.
  5. Accept the Australian Values Statement as a commitment.

Your path to reaching your educational goals gets more accessible with the right scholarship.

PFEC Global is proud to dedicatedly work for international students in Australia. Therefore, enlightening them with a multitude of scholarship options provided by the universities as per their academic background. Ensuring to guide them to achieve their dreams with ease.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are my options and possibilities for submitting an Australian PR application?

There are various visa types available for immigrants to Australia, each with specific requirements. The majority of foreign students intend to apply for visas Subclass 189 or Subclass 190. However, Subclass 491 has recently been introduced by the Australian government, and it may also result in permanent residency. The requirements for each of these subclasses vary, as do the points needed to be eligible for them.

If I don’t have enough points to submit an application for a PR. What are my options?

There is no definite response to the question of "How many points do I need for PR." Australian immigration policies are very dynamic, and situations change frequently. However, you can visit the Department of Home Affairs website, where they regularly update the invitation points following their invitation rounds, to see the most recent invitation marks.

Does applying for a new course and student visa when I know my TR (Temporary Resident) is about to expire present any risks?

In addition to other pertaining requirements, all Australian student visa applicants must satisfy the Genuine Temporary Entrant Criteria in order to be approved. For this very reason, switching from a subclass 485 visa to a student visa can be challenging. You could try to reduce the risk by including a GTE statement with your student visa application, which must explain why you chose the specific study program you did in light of your prior experiences, future career goals and endeavours.

Got a question?

If you have any queries, please drop us a message by filling out the form. We will connect you with an advisor as soon as possible!