Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)

Apply for a Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) to entice yourself in travelling to Australia and appease your innate desire for leisure, work, or academic discernibility.

Applying for a visitor visa 600 in Australia allows you the opportunity to explore the country firsthand, creating lasting memories during your vacation. The purpose is usually intended for pleasure, work, or educational visits. Thus, anyone from any nationality can apply for a visitor visa in Melbourne, Sydney, or whichever Australian cities they want to visit and avail of the opportunity to do so. Most often, a stay of up to three months is entitled upon visa application; however, in exceptional circumstances, a stay of up to twelve months may be accorded as well.

One of the most probable explanations for an Australian Tourist Visa revocation is insufficient evidence of rationale to return home. The essence of PFEC Global's visa services in Australia is to ensure that the department knows you have legitimate reasons to visit the country with guidance. However, your intention does not rely on staying indefinitely on a tourist visa.

There are a few types/categories of Visit Visas for Australia, such as:

  1. Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)
  2. eVisitor (subclass 651)
  3. Transit visa (subclass 771)
  4. Visitor (subclass 600)
  5. Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
  6. Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)

Difference Between Australian eVisitor, Visitor, and ETA Visas:

  1. The eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651) is intended exclusively for European citizens. The applicant typically corresponds for business or leisure.
  2. Non-European citizens can apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (Subclass 601) visa or Visitor (Subclass 600) visa.

How long are the visas valid for?

  1. Once the visa is granted, your ETA Visa (Subclass 601) will be valid for 12 months. However, if your passport expires, it will be invalid.
  2. Once the eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651) gets issued, it will be valid for 12 months. However, you will be able to stay up to 90 days per entry in Australia.
  3. However, you can extend your visa if you are permitted an ETA Visa (Subclass 601) or an eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651) by having to apply for a Visitor Visa (Subclass 600).

Eligibility Requirement

The following are the basic criteria that must be met and required to apply for a Visitor Visa (Subclass 600):

  1. Genuine visitor documents stating the reason for the visit to Australia.
  2. Identity Documents– Including all personal information and documents.
  3. Character and health requirement certificate providing evidence of satisfactory results.
  4. Providing evidence of sufficient funds required to visit Australia.

Your path to reaching your educational goals gets more accessible with the right scholarship.

PFEC Global is proud to dedicatedly work for international students in Australia. Therefore, enlightening them with a multitude of scholarship options provided by the universities as per their academic background. Ensuring to guide them to achieve their dreams with ease.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are my options and possibilities for submitting an Australian PR application?

There are various visa types available for immigrants to Australia, each with specific requirements. The majority of foreign students intend to apply for visas Subclass 189 or Subclass 190. However, Subclass 491 has recently been introduced by the Australian government, and it may also result in permanent residency. The requirements for each of these subclasses vary, as do the points needed to be eligible for them.

If I don’t have enough points to submit an application for a PR. What are my options?

There is no definite response to the question of "How many points do I need for PR?" Australian immigration policies are very dynamic, and situations change frequently. However, you can visit the Department of Home Affairs website, where they regularly update the invitation points following their invitation rounds, to see the most recent invitation marks.

Does applying for a new course and student visa when I know my TR (Temporary Resident) is about to expire present any risks?

In addition to other pertaining requirements, all Australian student visa applicants must satisfy the Genuine Temporary Entrant Criteria in order to be approved. For this very reason, switching from a subclass 485 visa to a student visa can be challenging. You could try to reduce the risk by including a GTE statement with your student visa application, which must explain why you chose the specific study program you did in light of your prior experiences, future career goals and endeavours.

Got a question?

If you have any queries, please drop us a message by filling out the form. We will connect you with an advisor as soon as possible!